Thermography Scan Procedure
Preparation for the scan is important for accurate results. Please follow the guidlines below:
Before the scan:
- Please do not smoke for 2 hours before scan.
- No massage, acupuncture, physiotherapy or chiropractic treatments on the day of your scan.
- Avoid using creams, SPF, lotions or perfumes used on the day. Make up is OK if not receiving a full body or head and neck scan.
- No sunbathing or tanning beds in the days preceding the scan.
- Wear loose clothing. The scan may be delayed if there are any irritation marks on the skin from tight clothing.
At the appointment:
- To begin, health concerns and medical history will be discussed.
- You will be given a gown to change into as you will be disrobing down to your underwear.
- Thongs are appropriate for ladies and speedo type underwear for men.
- Thermal images are taken of the whole body or region of interest.
- Images are reviewed by client and thermographer to make sure they are OK to send for interpretation.
- Images and medical history are sent to medical doctor for interpretation and a report is sent back by email.
- From scanning to receiving your report will be no more than 7 days.